N’Golo Kante missed Chelsea’s clash against Manchester City last weekend as the Blues claimed that the French International had fallen ill. But a few days later, reports had emerged that Kante had collapsed on the training ground.
Last Friday while Chelsea were preparing for the game against the league leaders, N’Golo Kante passed out at the Cobham training facility. But thankfully a doctor immediately checked him up and after a couple of tests, it was confirmed that the midfielder did not have any cardiac issues – something that was initially being suspected.
He was even cleared to play against City two days later but coincidently he fell ill on the day of the match.
Now Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has said that N’Golo Kante’s passing out is nothing to be worried about.
Conte said: ‘N’Golo is fine,
‘He trained the whole week. He’s in good form, he’s fine.
‘Last week on Friday if you remember it was very cold and after the training session he passed out briefly in the dressing room.
‘I think that for sure after this situation the doctor brought him to have many check-ups, to understand the physical condition, but it was all clear.
‘I think that on Sunday he was well but at the same time, it was right not to take risks, give him the opportunity to not pay and to rest. But he’s OK, every check is OK, perfect.’
Read: A major setback for Chelsea as Barcelona hints that midfielder might be fit before Champions League clash.
Read: Chelsea star ruled out for at least a month and will miss both the Barcelona and Spurs clashes.