Rangers defender Bruno Alves was said to be on his way out of Ibrox after spending just one season in Scotland but it seems that is not the case.
Alves joined the Gers last summer but the 36-year-old has been a bit of a liability for the club ever since his move. So when Rangers appointed Steven Gerrard as their new boss everyone knew that Alves’ days in Glasgow were limited.
For the whole of last month, reports have claimed that the Portuguese is on his way back to Italy and is expected to join Parma.
And the news caught more wind after several sources claimed that the defender was spotted at Parma’s training ground a couple of days ago forcing many people to believe that the deal was on the verge of being wrapped up.
Now though, Alves has through a spanner into all the gossip by claiming that he is not close to joining Parma as many have been thinking.
Alves said: “There is nothing definite yet with me signing for Parma.
“I have a year left of my contract with Glasgow Rangers and I have yet to decide what is the best option for my career.
“Perhaps it will be good for me to return to Italy. I like it because it is a good standard of league.
“But we will see what happens.”
Reports suggest that the primary thing that has been stopping Parma from signing Bruno Alves is the fact that Rangers and the defender cannot agree on financial terms before the exit.
The player who turns 37 in November still has one year left on his contract at Ibrox and he is currently receiving somewhere in the region of £20,000-per-week in the form of wages.
If Bruno Alves were to move to Parma he will have to take a hefty pay cut and he feels that he should be compensated duly by Rangers because of that.
Read: Rangers receive a major boost in the pursuit of their biggest target and the deal could be wrapped up as early as Monday.