African Cup of Nations has just kicked off and it is already among controversies as there have been incidents at fans hurling racial abuses to footballers and other supporters.
Here are some of the other news experts from the competition:
- Cameroon was held to a 1-1 draw by Burkina Faso. Cameroon were leading the match courtesy of a 35th-minute goal from Moukandjo until Burkina equalised in the 75th minute through Dayo. It was an equally contested match as both teams shared the stats equally.
- Senegal won their match against Tunisia by 2-0. Both the goals for Senegal came in the first half thanks to Mane and Kara.
- Ivory Coast played out a goalless draw against Togo in Oyem.
- Ghana won their match against Uganda thanks to a 32nd-minute penalty from Andre Ayew.
- Mali played resolutely to hold Egypt to a goalless draw.