Man United lost their recent Premier League game to AFC Bournemouth 1-0 away from home which means they have managed to gather just 13 points from their first 11 matches.
United have been struggling to find form all throughout the season and so far it looks like any team has the capability to beat the Red Devils if they push hard enough.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has obviously stood by his players after the loss but defender Harry Maguire expressed his disappointment at losing three points despite their tight away schedule.
“Of course it’s a setback. It’s a defeat, we don’t like defeats,” the England international told the club’s official website[as reported].
“Wherever we play, we go to play for three points. It’s disappointing.
“The four away games in 11 days, or whatever it is, is tough for the boys. But no excuses we felt good physically, we felt good mentally. We were going in with confidence.
“We’ve got to now get our heads down and we look forward to Thursday and then another big game before the international break where we must bounce back.”
And while Maguire was busy issuing a rallying cry, the Man United has quietly hinted at the fact that he needs his current forwards to step up since the club might not be looking to bring in too many players during the January transfer window.
“To win games, you need to score goals and I’m sure Anthony and Marcus are going to get their share of goals,” said the Norwegian.
“We need more creativity but we’ve got loads of players here in the squad who could create more.
“It’s not just looking outside (in the transfer market), we have to deal with what we have.”
The Man United boss was not able to bring in a replacement for Romelu Lukaku during the summer but everyone was certain that the club would be able to find a replacement in January.
Now though it looks like there will be minimal transfer activity at Old Trafford at the start of next year which would make qualifying for the Champions League that bit harder.