Manchester City inflicted Liverpool’s first defeat of the Premier League this midweek when Pep Guardiola’s men beat Liverpool 2-1 at home.

The Reds were on the back foot from the very first whistle and in all fairness, Man City should have come out of the game with atleast four goals.

It was Sergio Aguero who gave the defending champions the lead in the first half with a superb strike but Roberto Firmino managed to bring the game on level terms on the other side of half-time.

And just when Liverpool were threating to come back into the game, it was Leroy Sane who drove the killer blow.

While things were pretty intense on the pitch, off it too there have been some reports of misbehaviour from Man City fans.

A couple of the travelling Liverpool fans have complained that objects like coins, bottles and even flares were thrown at them during the match.

And despite repeated complaints, the stewards in the ground took no action.

An unnamed supporter told Liverpool Echo“It’s absolutely mad that people can have such anger towards somebody else over a team they support they feel the need to throw coins.

“I genuinely can’t get my head around that mentality because it’s just a game at the end of the day.

“They are throwing a metal object into a section of fans that has kids in.

“Imagine if it was to hit a kid in the eye? Things like that can be life changing and shouldn’t be going on in football grounds.

“What is just as annoying is the lack of care the stewards were showing.

“My seat was on an aisle and the first coin I spotted getting thrown over I said to a steward ‘Are you onto that? They are throwing coins’.

“His response initially was that he couldn’t hear me and then he said he was sure they “will be taking a look”.

“Another instance was when a coin hit somebody I was with on the shoulder. I mentioned it to a different steward and he told me to calm down. I then mentioned it again and he said he would go and speak to somebody. He didn’t.”

The Greater Manchester Police have confirmed on Friday that one person has been arrested after the match – but this arrest was not made in relation to the objects thrown towards the Liverpool supporters.