The 22-year-old joined Inter in 2018 and this current campaign, the player has been a big backbone for the Serie A side’s attacking force, scoring 11 goals and providing two assists in the league so far.
And with such a huge goal-scoring tally, a number of top European clubs have shown an interest in signing him. But as reports, the player’s next destination could very well be the English Premier League.
Lautaro Martinez has a £100 million release clause in his current deal at the San Siro meaning not many clubs could afford to sign him at the end of the season.
But this price tag has done very little to ward off interest from both Chelsea and Manchester City as both clubs are said to be readying bids for the attacker in the summer.
Apart from Chelsea and Man City, Barcelona have also been linked with the player but as things stand, the Catalans are not really willing to pay such a steep price.
And it’s being claimed that Barca will try to lower the price by offering Arturo Vidal as part of the deal.
SPORT | #Chelsea are monitoring Lautaro Martinez ahead of a potential transfer. The Inter striker is said to be a long-term target for Barcelona, but Sport state that The Blues are planning to smash their transfer record to meet his £100m release clause. #CFC pic.twitter.com/QxJ9bepfJW
— The Blues (@TheBlues___) March 16, 2020
It’s still unclear as to how serious the interest from Chelsea and Man City really is but both these clubs will surely think hard before splashing out such a big amount on one player.
City’s bid will obviously depend on the lifting of their Champions League ban since Lautaro Martinez is not likely to join Pep Guardiola’s side if they do not play in the UCL next season.
As far as Chelsea are concerned, while the Blues do have the money to splash in the summer but Lampard is surely keeping his options open as reports claim that the Blues are also keeping tabs on Lyon forward Moussa Dembele.