We forgot to play : Guardiola

Arsenal came back twice to salvage a point against Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City at the Emirates stadium. Theo Walcott and Mustafi found the net for Arsenal to cancel out the goals scored by Leroy Sane and Sergio Aguero. 

City went ahead on the 5th-minute mark after Leroy Sane rounded up David Ospina. But the goal was basically the creation of Kevin de Bruyne who put forward a superb through ball who cut off Arsenal’s defense. After the goal, everyone thought that is was going to be another tough day at the office for Arsene Wenger.

The Gunners upped their game after they fell behind. But most of their end results were miss passes and wayward balls. The fans at the Emirates Stadium was growing restless and the groans were getting louder. Wenger must have been hoping for a miracle that can pull his team back. And that miracle came in the form of Walcott. Theo Walcott put the hosts on level terms just 5 minutes before half time, this after Clichy played him onside.

And suddenly after the goal, Wenger was planning a totally different team talk at half time. But his joy did not last very long. 2 minutes to be precise. City went ahead again on the 42nd-minute thanks to Aguero after Arsenal failed to clear their lines.

Just after the start of the second half, City could have gone 3-1 up but Aguero managed to put his header wide of the target. And City were immediately made to pay for their error as Mustafi equalized for a second time for the Gunners. He beat his marker to head the ball in the back of the net from a Mesut Ozil corner in the 53rd minute.


After the goal, Aguero and company launched a fair amount of attacks on Arsenal’s goal but the Gunners defense stood strong and eventually managed to grab a point out of the match. The draw means that City move within a single point of third place, Liverpool. While on the other hand Arsenal are seven points adrift of fourth place Manchester City and could miss Champions League action this season.